Monday 24 February 2014

How to Use Offline Tools to Grow Your Blog

                       Image Courtesy of Digitalart / FreeDigitalPhotos.net


I'm going to suggest an ancient idea to you that can be a great tool to grow your blog. We're going way outside the box here so bear with me. I promise, I haven't lost my marbles. You don't need a computer, you don't need a tablet, and you don't need a smart phone. Sounds controversial I know, but it can help.

I remember way back in the early 90s when this was common place. People from all walks of life were doing it - young, old, it didn't matter. It was the normal thing to do when you wanted to expand your knowledge on a subject. Are you ready for this? What I'm suggesting is you put together an offline reading list. That's right good old fashion books.

I assure you I'm not a heretic. Hear me out. What I have in mind are some classic reads. Business and self improvement books that have been helping generations of readers to expand their understanding of how successful people got to where they are.

Powerful people follow simple formulae for success. The way we do business and communicate may have changed. But underneath our layers of technology the principles for success are still the same. We have a lot to learn from those that have gone before us.

It's one thing if you are writing a blog as a hobby.  Then you don't need to worry about extra homework. You just write your blog, add a few pictures, and a way you go. However, if you want to try and actually earn some money at blogging, you need all the help you can get.

So, I suggest taking a break from the keyboard once in a while and picking up a book. Where do you start? In the list below I've suggested 5 great books to get you started. Once you've got through these you'll start to get an idea of what you're looking for.

Keep your ears open for the next book to add to your list. I try to find something new every month. What books have you read to help you with personal growth? I'd love to hear from you as I'm always looking for new ideas.


Suggested reading list:


The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey

Lions Don't Need To Roar by D.A. Benton

How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie

The Dip by Seth Godin

Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson









No comments:

Post a Comment