Wednesday 19 February 2014

Writing, Finding the Motivation When it doesn't come Easy

                     Image Courtesy of Stuart Miles / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

We all have days when we just aren't motivated. This is one of those days for me. You know what I mean. It's been a busy day at work, you come home to find you're toilets overflowing, and an unexpected bill arrived in the mail. One of those days when you wonder what else can go wrong?

It might not be this bad, or it might be worse. The point is, for whatever reason, life is getting in the way and you're just not motivated to write. Say hello to my day! So what do you do?

You could take the day off, and come back tomorrow feeling refreshed. That' fine. There's nothing wrong with that approach. But I recommend you don't. Writing can be a release from the drudgery of everyday life.

Pick up your pen, fire up the laptop, or open up the tablet. Whatever your preferred writing method is, get to work! Personally, writing has the same affect for me that reading has for others. It takes me away from life's other ups and downs, and let's me get lost in another world.

Try it on your worst day. Lock yourself in a room and write. It's very therapeutic! By the time you're done writing you'll feel a lot better. That's where I'm at now. 

I've worked my way through another article. It would have been so much easier just to turn on the tube and fall asleep on the couch. I didn't, and I can feel the weight of the day lifted off me. Try it out and let me know how it goes! I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment