Friday 21 February 2014

Ageless - The Writer in all of Us

                         image Courtesy of Thaikrit / FreeDigitalPhotos.net


Tonight's post is a short one. I want to touch briefly on a subject that gets me riled up - age. How many times have you heard someone say I'm to old to do that, or I'm to young for that matter? I can't tell you how much these type of statements bother me when it comes to writing.

We all have something to say. It is worthwhile, and someone else can benefit form our words of wisdom. Trust me. It's true. What we're really saying with statements like these is we lack confidence. Get over it!

If you've got a passion for writing, and you want to share this passion with others, start doing it. We all have doubts. The only difference between a writer, and someone that aspires to be a writer is action. Take action now and don't look back.

If you're not sure what to write about. Consider the following 5 suggestions to get you started:


  1. Family
  2. Current Events
  3. Hobbies
  4. Business 
  5. Entertainment

This is just a short list to start you thinking. I'm sure you can come up with many more ideas. The point is there's always something to write about. Look around you for inspiration. It's there. So forget I'm to old, or I'm to young. If you want to write - write!


What do you use for inspiration when you're struggling for topics to write about? Let me know your ideas. I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment